Sunday, July 09, 2006



The dog that eats my sprinklers. Looks so harmless doesn't he? I have also discovered he eats my strawberries- which is why I never have any on the plants. Just wanders over to the bush, sticks his little nose under the leaves and hoovers any available strawberry that may be growing there. Little pig.

This will be a short short blog today. Yesterday I stayed in, took care to get plenty of quiet time and allowed myself to grieve the arrival of a new cycle. My DH was supremely supportive and wandered out during the day to supply me with junk food and my lovely neighbor brought me over some food from the party she was having next door that I was just not up to attending. I wanted to be there- but I just couldn't face all the people. DH and I hung around the house the whole day and he gave me with an endless supply of hugs, cuddles, kisses and supportive words to let me know that he loves me beyond anything. I can't ask for anything better in a partner. The dog and I made up as well- and my sprinklers remain intact and fully functional.

So here is my question of the day: How do you cope with a negative result? Do you view it as a loss or are you able to just move through it? I thought I might collect some tips so I can be better prepared moving forward!

5 comments:

Hopeful Mother said...

Ellie, I'm sorry that this cycle didn't work. I'm glad to hear that you are in "recovery" and your DH is helping out.

I smiled when I saw your little strawberry-eater. How cute!

I don't have an answer for you on your question about coping with a negative (I may have one after Thursday though). I think everyone has different coping mechanisms - but I believe talking is one of the best. I hope your DH is a good listener! I think blogging is a good outlet too!

ms. c said...

Sorry aobut the cycle Ellie...
Your husband seems wonderfully supportive, that's fantastic. I think that him being there with you can really help you out. (So can the junk food-hahah!)
In terms of coping with a negative, so far I have just tried to plow right on through it, and focus on the cycle ahead. As it is up to me to end the cycle (I have to take provera to do so), I feel it is something that I can take control over. But the negative is a big blow, and I'm certainly not in the ballpark of IVF yet, so I really don't know how I will be coping when/if I get there.
Thinking of you...

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I followed you here from a comment on my blog. Thanks so much for your kind words. I am so very sorry that your cycle didn't work out. It is great that your dh is so supportive.

I think that everyone deals with negative results in their own way. So, you should deal with it in the way that is most comfortable for you.

I wish you all the best as you take your next steps in your journey. Hugs.

beagle said...

Love the pup! Strawberry thief!

How do I cope? Still searching for a way really. I fall into a depression after each failed cycle. It's not a coping skill, just my own reality so far.

I'm very sorry this cycle didn't work, Good Luck to you on the next round!

noela said...

Awww, that dog is adorable! Look at those innocent eyes!! Is he really a strawberry thief?!?! ;)

I don't know how to deal well with negatives....my first FET in April was a negative, and I guess I handled it okay.....I did a lot of crying though, especially as the negative HPT's added up every day until the beta. I'm still glad I tested though, I would have hated to have had hope and gotten the bad news over the phone. It sounds like you're doing everything you can, you have your husband, dog, and blog -- and us!! I hope you are doing okay...

all the best